About Me

Arizona
In an effort to keep family and freinds updated on Kole's journey in IRAQ I created this blog. Kole is now back from IRAQ and I will use this to update happenings in our family. In additon to my son Kole, I have a daughter named Tonya. She is younger than Kole and is attending college and working.

Friday, July 17, 2009

7/17/09

Kole and I just returned from Whitewater rafting in California. It was way to fun. They let us swim some of the rapids that was fun and much cooler than being out of the boat. On day 2 was the exciting stuff. We had mostly class 3 and class 4's. I did get pulled out of the boat when we went in and body surfed with our raft. I was sucked under the boat and then I got to swim to an eddy with my paddle. Swiming with a paddle is not easy. Kole didn't get pulled out of the boat like I did. He did get to pull me back into the boat everytime I wanted to get out and go swimming. He was a great sport. Kole kept telling me to use my arms when he was pulling me in the boat. Pretty soon everyone on the boat was encouraging me to use my arms when he was pulling me in. Some of us just have no arm muscles. Kole and I had the front two seats on the boat. I finally decided I should let the 17 year old boy (Zack) who was sitting behind me have some fun in the front seat. Zack was on one side and Kole was on the other and they did the majority of the paddling on our boat. The rest of us dipped our paddles in just didn't have the power those two young men did. It was fun and Kole did a good job taking care of his Mom. Although through no fault of his own, everytime we had to carry our raft they would send him of f to help some other boat and I would get stuck carry that heavy thing without him. I had it all planned out that I would be on the same side as him when it came time to carry the boat. My plan didn't work. Great memory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment