About Me

Arizona
In an effort to keep family and freinds updated on Kole's journey in IRAQ I created this blog. Kole is now back from IRAQ and I will use this to update happenings in our family. In additon to my son Kole, I have a daughter named Tonya. She is younger than Kole and is attending college and working.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Skydiving with Kole

On Tuesday 7/21/09 Kole and I went skydiving. What a blast. It was my first time. Since Kole is in the airborne unit he has jumped out of airplanes before. He did like the free fall of sky diving.
We were strapped to the front of an experienced sky diver and were given instructions on the ground of exactly what we would do when we were in the plane. I didn't follow everything exactly close enough thought that my instructor said I was a natural. Once the instructor opened the parachute they let us pull the cords to turn it. It takes a lot of arm muscle to pull those cords and make it spin. My instructor had to help me so I could get it to spin. The teach us to land on our rears with out feet up in the air. Kole landed on his rear. My instructor was able to land us on our feet and we just walked off. There were two individuals that went up with us that were learning how to skydive by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment